FIXING YOUR CODE: GETTING STARTED
Perhaps you already have a custom template in your account, but it's not displaying or working correctly in the Campaign Monitor or Mailchimp editor? Maybe your template emails are not rendering properly in Outlook 2007/2010/2013?
Whatever the reason, if the Campaign Monitor or Mailchimp crews aren't able to take a look for you (remember, your custom code isn't part of the application, so they're not always able to prioritise this over other customers who have questions about the service), then this may be where I can lend a hand.
Step 1: Issue Summary and Assessment
If you'd like me to take a look at your issue, then please drop me a line at email@example.com, explaining the problem in as much detail as possible.
In your email, please include the following information:
- A summary of exactly what isn't working for you, and the steps needed to reproduce it.
- A screenshot or a screencast if possible (I use recordit.co for screen recording), highlighting the issue in question.
- Which browser and browser version you're using. If you're unsure, you can visit supportdetails.com in the same browser you use to log into your Campaign Monitor or Mailchimp account with, and make a note of the browser type and version listed there.
- The name of the campaign and template you're having issues with in your account.
- Any other details related to the issue. If you're experiencing rendering issues in a specific email client for instance (such as Outlook 2007), then please include this in your email as well.
Depending on the issue, you may be able to export your custom template (including all HTML, CSS and images) and email it to me, so I can take a look without needing to log into your account to investigate.
Step 2: Payment and Deadlines
Once I've received your email and have taken a look at your template code, or have logged into your account to take a look at the problematic campaign, I'll then confirm whether it's something I believe I can fix for you, how long I estimate it to take, and how much it will cost.
I usually charge per hour for troubleshooting issues such as this, with a 1 hour minimum. Most minor template issues can often be fixed within an hour, however if the issue is particularly complex, or will require a lot of investigation / recoding, it could extend beyound this timeframe.
I currently take full payment upfront and do not begin work until this has been received, so please bear this in mind when working to strict deadlines.
Step 3: Issue Resolution
Once payment has been received (and I have your template files or the necessary access to your account), I will then start work on the issue at hand.
If my original quote was for 1 hour for instance, I will continue to work for this length of time to correct the issue, and sometimes for longer at no further charge if I believe it's something I can fix without too much additional work.
If the issue turns out to be more complex than originally suspected however, I will follow up after my allotted time is up to let you know, and we can then decide how I should proceed.
As per My Promise To You guarantee, I will be happy to either refund you fully for the amount charged thus far, or, if I believe it is something I can solve for you and you're happy for me to continue working on the problem at hand, I will be happy do so, billable per each additional hour worked.
Finally, once the issue has been fully resolved, I will email back to confirm, so you're able to test for yourself, and so we're able to give each other a virtual high five! :)